Healthbox is Hiring: Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff (FT)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: January or February 2018
Healthbox, a leading healthcare innovation services firm, is seeking a resourceful, driven, and creative new team member to join as Chief of Staff. The Chief of Staff will work across the organization to lead administrative functions and provide operational support to Business Development, Outreach & Engagement, and HR/Finance management as well as senior leadership. This newly created position will report directly to the President. This role is an excellent opportunity within a growing services firm for a professional with 1-3 years of post-college experience or a recent graduate of a master’s program who has background or interest in healthcare, technology, or investing. The start date is January or February 2018.
- Event management and operations: Coordinate conferences and special events operations, assist with marketing and communications efforts
- Reporting: Track and manage metrics from various sources including social media and sales platforms
- Business development support: Conduct market research and maintain client information
- Content support: Assistance with blog content creation and management, presentations, and social media platforms
- Team administrative functions: Manage schedule and agenda for weekly Team Meetings, coordinate team outings and retreats, maintain employee directory
- IT Support: Manage the ongoing IT needs for the team including team’s laptops and peripheral accessories
- HR Support: Coordinate operational needs for new hires (building access, business cards, account and membership activations, office tours)
- Manage general information email account and company voicemail line
- Provide administrative support to management as needed
- Undertaking clerical tasks such as scanning/photocopying/filing, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping
- Assist with scheduling, travel bookings, and expense filing
- Additional support as needed to the President
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage varied and multiple projects
- Proven team player with the ability to lead and follow; ability to manage up, laterally, and outside of an organization
- Proactive, efficient, and service-focused with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work closely within a team or independently, as needed by the project
- Positive, professional, and strong personal presence
- Resourceful and creative thinking
- Exceptional communicator, both written and verbally, and strong editing skills
- Observant and intuitive to the needs of the President
- High level of respect and discretion for confidential information
- Strong technology skills and highly proficient with Gmail and Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Salesforce and Adobe Suite a plus)
- Experience in social media, graphic design, and/or event management a plus
- Background or interest in healthcare innovation, technology, or investing a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Work onsite in the Healthbox office, located in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood
Employee Benefits & Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, 401K, and insurance benefits, enjoy team perks such as an office stocked with free healthy snack foods, monthly lunch reimbursements, transportation shuttle, and onsite gym.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kristen Lux at Kristen@healthbox.com. Healthbox cannot respond to every inquiry but will contact you if there is a potential fit for the position.
Healthbox is a healthcare innovation services firm that leading organizations trust with decisions on when and how to build, buy, or partner. Founded in 2010, we were the first to combine investing experience and consulting services in a way that is strategic, objective, and actionable for providers, payors, and others across the industry. Our unique perspective and expertise drives innovation from the inside and out to rapidly deliver dynamic results. Healthbox has evaluated over 3,000 early stage companies for accelerator programs, investment decisions, and sourcing vendor solutions on behalf of industry partners. Our demonstrated ability to identify, develop, evaluate, and advance high-potential ideas has helped organizations build and sustain internal innovation initiatives through commercialization projects and entrepreneurial programs. We are proud to work with healthcare leaders who share our passion for empowering the reinvention of healthcare.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.