Role: Associate, Innovation Consulting
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: 9/1/2017
Healthbox is a healthcare innovation services firm that leading organizations trust with decisions on when and how to build, buy, or partner. Founded in 2010, we were the first to combine investing experience and consulting services in a way that is strategic, objective, and actionable for providers, payors, and others across the industry. Our unique perspective and expertise drives innovation from the inside and out to rapidly deliver dynamic results. Healthbox has evaluated over 3,000 early stage companies for accelerator programs, investment decisions, and sourcing vendor solutions on behalf of industry partners. Our demonstrated ability to identify, develop, evaluate, and advance high-potential ideas has helped organizations build and sustain internal innovation initiatives through commercialization projects and entrepreneurial programs. We are proud to work with healthcare leaders who share our passion for empowering the reinvention of healthcare.
Healthbox is seeking a creative, detail-oriented individual with a passion for healthcare to join our Innovation Consulting team. The position will focus on supporting many of our innovation services, including Foundry, Commercialization Analysis, Catalyst, Workshops, and others.
- Manage work streams and deliverables for innovation engagements
- Construct frameworks on the implementation of innovation strategies for approaching client challenges through innovation and digital health
- Support client meetings to vet, refine, and advance innovative ideas with strong commercialization potential and/or potential to scale across the client organization
- Conduct research for building detailed business plans for healthcare inventions, packaging analysis of the solution, competitive landscape, market opportunity, workflow/implementation requirements, financial requirements for growth, etc.
- Support a process to prioritize innovation themes, source, vet, and facilitate the selection of digital health companies
- Collaborate on multiple projects/client relationships at once – and not get frazzled!
- Develop recommendations for investment in and scale of commercially viable ideas
- Be involved with other Healthbox projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years work experience, primarily within healthcare or technology industries -- consulting background preferred
- Demonstrated project management, problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills
- Understanding of clinical, operational, and financial drivers that impact healthcare organization decision-making
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and enthusiasm for the digital health industry
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills)
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Intellectual curiosity above and beyond their defined role
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Experience working across multiple complex projects at once
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time required, but Chicago-based
- Authorization to work in the US. Healthbox will not sponsor visas
- Knack to have fun!
Healthbox is also hiring for a Manager, Innovation Consulting.
In addition to seeking a candidate with the right qualifications and skills, we are also seeking an individual that aligns with Healthbox’s core values:
Embody Humble Confidence. We are confident because our passion drives us to perfect our craft and humble because we help our partners solve wicked problems.
Be Radically Candid. We care personally about each other and challenge each other directly to support our personal and professional growth.
Demonstrate Trust and Respect. Obsessed with producing exceptional results, we hold each other accountable, treat each other well, and help each other without expectation.
Punch Above Our Weight. We are scrappy and resilient, and we embrace the hustle – facing challenges head-on.
Have Fun and Reflect. Our clients and partners are energized from being around us. We never forget that we are lucky to do what we love.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, PTO, life & disability insurance, 401(k) program, a flexible spending account, and casual dress code.
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your story and “why Healthbox” to Lisa Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we cannot respond to every inquiry. We will contact you if there is a fit with the open position. Thank you for your interest.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.