Role: Horizon Scan Research & Writing Analyst (Part Time, approx. 20 hours per week)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: September 2017
Healthbox is a healthcare innovation services firm that leading organizations trust with decisions on when and how to build, buy, or partner. Founded in 2010, we were the first to combine investing experience and consulting services in a way that is strategic, objective, and actionable for providers, payors, and others across the industry. Our unique perspective and expertise drives innovation from the inside and out to rapidly deliver dynamic results. Healthbox has evaluated over 3,000 early stage companies for accelerator programs, investment decisions, and sourcing vendor solutions on behalf of industry partners. Our demonstrated ability to identify, develop, evaluate, and advance high-potential ideas has helped organizations build and sustain internal innovation initiatives through commercialization projects and entrepreneurial programs. We are proud to work with healthcare leaders who share our passion for empowering the reinvention of healthcare.
Healthbox is seeking a part time Research and Writing Analyst to join our Horizon Scan team. Horizon Scan is a digital health sourcing and evaluation tool providing a curated review of digital health solutions and reports on key care areas of innovation. Offerings include in-depth solution profiles and quarterly reports on key care areas like Remote Monitoring, Behavioral Health, Provider Experience, Patient Engagement, and others. The role would include:
- Working with the Horizon Scan Manager on the quarterly reports, including:
- Developing the thesis and framework
- Research to support thesis
- Drafting and iterating on the report
- Assisting with the editing and design process
- Contributing articles based on the report content
- Writing objective digital health technology profiles based on primary and secondary research assessing areas such as problem, solution, value proposition, market traction, differentiation, company stability, and implementation considerations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of research and writing experience, ideally in a medical, science, technology, business, and/or healthcare context
- Interest in digital health and healthcare innovation
- Strong communication (written, verbal, and listening) and analytical abilities
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Exceptional work ethic and drive
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to commute to the Chicago office in West Loop, at least one day per week
- Authorization to work in the US. Healthbox will not sponsor visas
In addition to seeking a candidate with the right qualifications and skills, we are also seeking an individual that aligns with Healthbox’s core values:
Embody Humble Confidence. We are confident because our passion drives us to perfect our craft and humble because we help our partners solve wicked problems.
Be Radically Candid. We care personally about each other and challenge each other directly to support our personal and professional growth.
Demonstrate Trust and Respect. Obsessed with producing exceptional results, we hold each other accountable, treat each other well, and help each other without expectation.
Punch Above Our Weight. We are scrappy and resilient, and we embrace the hustle – facing challenges head-on.
Have Fun and Reflect. Our clients and partners are energized from being around us. We never forget that we are lucky to do what we love.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.